Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vintage Music Box


Austria-Vienna-Salzburg

The hot-hit talk in my office now is about Vienna. Four of my colleagues will be going to Vienna on an official business the end of this month. They talk about hotel reservations, what to bring with them, where to eat, etc. They even plan to have a one day tour to Salzburg. Oh God, I'm so jealous as they are going to Austria. Austria is famous for its beautiful mountain scenery. It's the land of art and music. Vienna has long been an important centre of musical innovation. In eighteenth and nineteenth century, composers were drawn to this city and made Vienna the European capital of classical music. Austria-Vienna-Salzburg, The home of Mozart, Strauss, Beethoven and others.

This reminds me of one of my collectibles, i.e. a piano-shaped music box with large, resin-carved cameo on cover. I got this vintage music box in 2005 from my eldest daughter who was then a flight attendant with Emirates Airlines. A pink piano, with, raised goldtone design and piano-keys with large ivory-color cameo of a lovely dancing couples. This music box plays music when the top of the piano is up and does not play when the top of the piano is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment