Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Snowman Candles


Though a snowman myself, standing alone in the bleak midwinter can be too shivering. Standing together with my so-called twin makes me feel warmer.




Can anyone tell me who made the first snowman and came up with the idea of placing snowballs on top of each other and using a carrot or cherry for a nose, sticks for arms and stone for eyes? To date snowman has become the symbol of wintertime fun which appears everywhere on almost everything, from christmas decorations to greeting cards to seasonal sweaters to sock etc. And now I proudly present these two snowman candles.

I got these collectibles from Pi Yao (my so-called twin) when she travelled to Germany in October 2004. She bought these candles from a souvenir shop which was located opposite Shopping Chocolate Factory Outlet Centre, Lindt, Aachen. Because these candles are so cute and because I don't want my memory of Pi Yao's thought of me every time she travels, to melt away , I never light them. It's me who has been lightened up everytime I look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment