Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Segovia Aqueduct


Embossed handle with the element of the Roman Aqueduct.



The Roman aqueduct is the symbol of Segovia, Spain . It is one of the greatest surviving monuments of Roman engineering . It is still in perfect condition with two layers of arches, which runs for about 700 meters over a square and up to the city wall. At its highest point, over the square, it is almost 30 meters high. It was built during the late 1st century or early 2nd century AD. It is really amazing, because it was built with stones, joined without mortar or clamps.


In case I've never mentioned before, in my workplace, there are Pi Yao, Onn, Wannee and myself who form the Gang of Four. I got this collectible spoon from Wannee who accompanied her beloved husband to Europe in May 2010. She gave this spoon to me as a souvenir from her trip unaware that I have created this blog of collectibleslovers.

Thank you Wannee.

No comments:

Post a Comment