Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Double Phoenix


Apart from those collectibles I bought when I travel (which in fact I haven't travelled much) or the collectibles I got from my friends, my daughters, etc., I also collect what I consider antiques. There are few plates which once belonged to my grandmother and this is one of them.

This is a vegetable serving plate, 9 1/8" round Double Phoenix, blue castle & garden with roses and lattice. Double Phoenix is a mark used by the Nihon Koshitsu Toki Company (NKT) in Japan. Nikko Ceramics of Japan has been producing dinnerware since 1908. They began selling to the American market in 1968...offering many formal, casual and holiday patterns of bone china and earthenware.

I do not know the exact age of this plate but based on the crazing and from the time I took it from my mom, it must be more than 30 years.

Today, whoever has this same pattern of plates and need a replacement can order from Robbinsnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment